** Your pancake muffins will be EPICALLY more poofy and dreamy if you make batter a day in advance.
- Brown butter slightly in a saucepan, let cool slightly and scrape the brown butter bits (the flavor part!) as it does.
- Pour into a bowl with sugar and light brown sugar and mix until smooth.
- Stir in oil, milk and vinegar and mix until smooth.
- Stir in eggs and mix until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt and mix just until combined. Add stir-ins if using.
- Heat oven to 350°F and line 10-12 muffin cups with paper.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ of the way to the top, then drizzle 1 teaspoon maple syrup atop each muffin batter cup.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until they’ve poofed and are a glossy topped golden brown.