1. Chop the onions and peppers into ½” pieces. Heat a large cast iron pan over medium-low heat, add the Crisco.
2. Once it has melted, add the onions, peppers, a pinch of salt, the oregano, paprika, and cumin, and cook (stirring occasionally) while prepping the potatoes.
3. Cut the potatoes into ½” pieces, then add them to a large pot. Cover the potatoes with cold water, and add enough extra water to cover the tops of the potatoes by one inch. Salt the water and bring to a boil. and
4. Boil the potatoes for about 5-7 minutes, until tender. Drain, and set aside.
5. Turn the heat under the cast iron pan to medium-high. Keep stirring the peppers and onions, and add the cooked potatoes.
6. Cook, stirring often, until the potatoes are golden brown, about 7-8 minutes.
5. Turn the heat off from under the pan. Stir in the minced garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Taste, and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve hot with freshly chopped cilantro!
Recipe by Sara Alvord of A Flavor Journal: Sara | Recipes & Food Photos on Instagram: “Today I’m partnering with Crisco® to bring you some super delicious & easy pan-fried potatoes! #ad | Crisco’s All-Vegetable Shortening is…”