2 C. all-purpose flour
⅓ C. sugar
1 Tbsp. Clabber Girl® Baking Powder
½ tsp. Clabber Girl® Baking Soda
¼ tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. lemon zest
2-3 tsp. lavender flowers
⅓ C. Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, cold
½ stick cold butter, cubed
1 large egg, mixed
½ tsp. Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
¼ C. fresh lemon juice
¾ C. half and half + 2 Tbsp. more for brushing
1 C. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. half and half (milk) or 2 Tbsp. lemon juice for extra lemon flavor
1 tsp. lemon zest
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Mix well.
3. Add lemon zest and lavender flowers. Mix!
4. Cut butter into small cubes, and shortening, then add to flour mixture. Incorporate the fat into the flour by breaking it with your fingers, pastry cutter, two forks until the mixture comes together in pea-sized crumbs.
5. In a separate bowl, combine half and half, one large mixed egg, lemon juice, and vanilla extra, then add to dry ingredients.
6. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll dough out and cut into triangles or biscuit size rounds.
7. Brush each scone with half and half or milk.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until brown.
9. Combine ingredients for icing and drizzle over cooled to touch scones.
Recipe by Sandra Mihic of Sandra’s Easy Cooking: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQRJGjCBSQB/